Thursday, February 16, 2012

Theodore Boone, Kid Lawyer by John Grisham

Theodore Boone, Kid LawyerTheo Boone dreams of being either a famous trial lawyer or a judge. His parents are both lawyers, as is his Uncle Ike, so he was literally born into it. At thirteen, Theo knows more about the law than most adults and he is on a first name basis with almost every lawyer, judge, court clerk, and policeman in town. Theo even has his own "office" in the library at Boone & Boone, and is often asked for legal advice by fellow students.

Theo's connections enable his government class to attend the opening day of a murder trial, one of the most talked about trials in Strattenburg. With little evidence, it appears that a cold-blooded killer may get off scot-free. That is until Theo is handed a piece of evidence that could change the course of the trial. Is it possible that a thirteen year old could possess the information necessary for a conviction? Witness the start of Theodore Boone: Kid Lawyer.

Why I picked up this book: John Grisham is one of my favorite authors. When I discovered he had written a legal thriller for a younger audience, I had to check it out.

Why I finished it: Theodore Boone is classic John Grisham for a younger audience. Grisham did a great job of explaining legal concepts at the tween/teen level. Rather than the "cliff-hanger" ending, I wish he would have ended it with Theo going after a new case.

I'd give it to: tweens/teens looking for a new series. Fans of other cross-over authors like James Patterson.

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

View all my Goodreads reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails