Friday, October 19, 2012

Leslee
11th Grade
The Pact
By:  Jodi Picoult

In this novel, Chris Hart and Emily Gold have been best friends since birth.  Their families are close, they live next door to each other, and basically spend every waking moment together.  Now they are seventeen, in high school, and have fallen in love.  Everything seems great on the surface until Emily appears dead in a park from a gunshot wound to her head.  According to Chris, this was part of a suicide pact and the sole remaining bullet was meant for him.  Through a heartwrenching trial with intense and tearjerking moments, the truth is uncovered.  We discover the truth behind this suicide pact and the hows and whys of Emily's death.  This story encompasses love, suicide, loyalty, and the question of how well we really know the people closest to us.  I picked up this book because I really enjoy reading the works of Jodi Picoult.  I finished it because I couldn't put it down.  I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys great love stories and is willing to cry here and there.  This was an incredible book and I would give it 5 stars *****.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails