Friday, October 26, 2012

My Teenage Dream Ended by Farrah Abraham

My Teenage Dream Ended Farrah Abraham was on the first season of the MTV documentary/reality series "16 and Pregnant" as well as one of the four whose journey continued to be highlighted on "Teen Mom".  This book gives background into Farrah's relationship with Sophia's father, Derek, who we learned later in the series died in a car accident before Sophia was born.

Why I picked up the book: I watched Farrah's season of "16 and Pregnant" as well as several seasons of "Teen Mom". I was interested to see if she revealed anything new, especially since she doesn't always come across very likeable.

Why I finished the book: It was an easy read. I wanted to see if Farrah had learned anything or grown up since becoming a mom.

I'd give it to: fans of the MTV series, especially teen girls. Teen girls in bad relationships or those who think a baby might keep the guy around.

I think the book does a good job of giving some background into Farrah's relationship with Derek as well as explaining the character she appears to be on the show. The book should have been edited better and contains quite a few TMI moments. However I think the readers the book is geared for won't mind. Her writing style is conversational, as though you are sitting on the couch sharing stories. 

While we'd like to believe that our teens aren't out drinking, partying, and having sex, they could be and could be hiding secrets right in front of our noses. Teens make mistakes and relationships are hard. Many teens believe they can change or control their partners. While Farrah still has a lot of growing up to do (she's only in her early 20s), her experience is still raw and she is very open about her thoughts and feelings.

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

View all my Goodreads reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails