Saturday, October 20, 2012

Where I Want to be


Reader: Michelle Sherwin

Grade: 12+
Title: Where I Want to be
Author: Adele Griffin

This story began and ended with the death of Jame. This may sound a bit strange but it is true. The story is told from two different points of view. The point of view of Jane told in the past and in third person and the point of view of Lilly her little sister who is telling it in the first person present point of view. Jane's portion of the book tells of her life and the events leading up to her death. They tell of her grandparents and her family and why her life was so much different from that of her sister Lilly. These two who use to be best friends were now drifting farther and farther apart because of Jane's mental condition and a boy named Caleb. Lilly also sees this in her point of view. She is always looking back at what she could have done differently with her sister. As Lilly begins to come closer to the answers about her sister she begins to find strength to do the things she didn't dare to do before. She must find the strength to enjoy her life and begins to see that her sisters care free life was not all that bad. This book was not one of my favorites. For one I did not like the constant changing of setting, time and point of view every chapter. I also was not a big fan of the ending which leaves a lot of loose ends and makes it seem like there is a page missing or at the very least a sentence. The story line itself was not bad.

I picked this book up because my mom had read it and gave it to me to read.
I finished the book because I just had to know how it ended although it was not the nice neat everything is finished ending.

I would give this book to people who like stories from several points of view.

My rating for this book
** It was ok 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails