Sunday, November 18, 2012

Leslee
11th Grade
The Art of Racing in the Rain
By:  Garth Stein

This is a very unique story told from a dog's perspective.  Denny Swift brings Enzo home from a farm in Springfield, Washington when he is a puppy.  From that moment on they are inseperable.  Enzo is the epitome of man's best friend, who shows the very perceptive and human-like qualities in dogs.  Throughout the story, Denny is aspiring to be a successful race-car driver and is simultaneously going through a custody battle for his daughter because the truth of an event was twisted and turned ugly.  Enzo is there by his master's side the entire time.  The novel is extremely inspirational, showing not only the art of racing in the rain, but also of the art of living life.  "Your car goes where your eyes go," and "That which you manifest is before you," are two of my favorite quotes from the book.  I picked this book up because my sister loved it and recommended it to me.  I finished it because I absolutely loved the story.  I have actually read it twice and would dare to say it is currently my favorite book.  I would recommend this to anyone who loves dogs or just animals in general, and also to anyone who loves a good inspirational story.  I would give this book a 5+***** rating. 

  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails