Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Right Behind You by Gail Giles

Right Behind You Could it really be all about a baseball glove? It was Bobby Clarke's 7th birthday and he came over to show it to Kip, who was 9. Bobby said one of those horrible things kids say to each other and all Kip wanted to do was destroy the glove. The next thing Kip remembers is four months later. Kip is a patient at a mental facility for serious juvenile offenders, where he will stay for four long years. Turns out Kip lit Bobby on fire and Bobby died. Was it an accident or murder?

When Kip is finally released, his father and step-mother move him across the country and change their identities for a chance to start over. But will it really be that easy? How can someone recover or repent after an incident like that? Once you pay your debt to society, can you ever really be free? Is it possible to keep a secret as big as Kip's?

Why I picked up the book: My book club and I loved "What Happened to Cass McBride" and they have been asking that we read another of her books.

Why I finished it: I was hooked by the first page. You have to know what happened and find out who Sam is.

I'd recommend the book to: fans of edgy, realistic fiction. Readers looking for mystery/suspense. Guys.

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

View all my Goodreads reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails