Monday, November 07, 2011

The Crime Buff's Guide to the Outlaw Rocky MountainsThe Crime Buff's Guide to the Outlaw Rocky Mountains by Ron Franscell

The Crime Buff's Guide to the Outlaw Rocky MountainsWritten by local author Ron Franscell, originally from Casper, this book is a guide to Colorado and Wyoming crimes scenes of the past and present. He gives GPS coordinates for crime scenes and grave sites. He also refers readers to books and resources that provide more information on particular people and crimes.

Why I picked up the book: The author was here in early October & my husband and I both loved his book "Fall".

Why I finished it: I wish it had more about the some of the crimes, but he does a good job of referring the reader to other books. I learned a lot about crimes in this region. I'm a huge fan of Unsolved Mysteries & Disappeared, even though they still scare me whether I watch them in the light or the dark.

I'd give it to: I would recommend this book to fans of shows like Unsolved Mysteries and Disappeared and especially to readers who like to hear about local crimes, past and present. I would probably recommend it for high school and up, just because some of the crimes are pretty brutal.

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails