Saturday, November 19, 2011

Diary of a Wimpy Kid #6: Cabin Fever by Jeff Kinney

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever (Diary of a Wimpy Kid Series #6)Some people love the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas, full of holiday cheer and fun family times. Not Greg. Greg doesn't enjoy family time or the threats that come with not being on your best behavior. Who really wants to find out if Santa has a "Naughty List"?

Whatever happened to the good ole days when parents gave you money to buy gifts, which meant low priced gifts for them and a few fun treats for yourself? Why does being an 8th grader mean you have to earn your own money? How many jobs, especially during the cold snowy season, are available for teens?

Greg is about to discover the "joys" and misfortunes of snow removal, complete with a lawn mower and water hose. Not to mention how much more exciting the holiday season can become when a blizzard traps the family, minus Dad who is stuck at work, indoors with a dwindling supply of food. Can anyone say "Cabin Fever"?

Why I picked up the book: I've read the others in the series and love them. Greg reminds me of my brother at that age. Also two of my nephews are reading the series. One is a 5th grader and loves to read. The other is in 8th grade and is a reluctant reader (he would rather be hunting). Both pre-ordered the book and I wanted to make sure I read it before seeing them at Christmas.

Why I finished it: It is funny and hard to put down. I would have finished it in one sitting, less than an hour, except I started it at 10pm and was super tired.

I'd give it to: fans of the series. Boys who like comic books and humor. Junior high teachers and parents--anyone who knows or once knew a teen boy.

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

View all my Goodreads reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails