Wednesday, November 02, 2011

The Red Pyramid (The Kane Chronicles #1) by Rick Riordan

The Red Pyramid (Kane Chronicles, #1)Carter and Sadie Kane are siblings in a less than perfect relationship and have become almost strangers. When their mother died, Carter traveled the world with their father, a renowned Egyptologist, and after a bitter court battle Sadie lived with their grandparents in London. They have two visits per year. Their Christmas Eve visit alters everything. It started with a strange man appearing and then a trip to the British Museum that unleashed Egyptian Gods and unveiled a family secret that changed the course of Carter and Sadie's lives.

Why I picked up the book: I really liked "The Lightning Thief" and tried to read this when it was first released. At that time there was a huge hold list so I returned the book. Our middle school book club loved Percy as well and wanted more Riordan, so it seemed like a good time to read this.

Why I finished the book: Even though it is long, the author writes a fast paced adventure. It does take awhile to get used to the change in narrators every two chapters.

I'd give it to: fans of Riordan's other series. Readers looking for adventure and fans of mythology, this time it is Egyptian.

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

View all my Goodreads reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails